2019 Kia Soul EV Performance & Features
The 2019 Kia Soul EV uses cutting-edge technology to deliver the fastest charging time out there. Explore the additional thoughtful performance boosting features that make this stand-out electric vehicle below!
Electric Power and Performance
The Soul EV features a unique engine with a multi-layer magnet design to provide a quiet and smooth, yet powerful, performance. The lightweight design allows for quick acceleration and it’s ultra-dense lithium-ion polymer battery packs more energy to maximize driving range. The unique battery also delivers impressive engine specs:
- Maximum Torque: A notable 210 lb-ft of torque is available instantly with the electric drivetrain of the Soul EV, giving you immediate responsiveness.
- Maximum Horsepower: Hit up to 109 hp with the electric motor on the EV.
In addition to packing a punch, the battery has been placed under the floor to allow for a lower center of gravity, more responsive handling, and more cabin space.
Get Charged Up
With the fastest charging on the market, over 45,000 240-volt charging stations, and a rapidly growing DC Fast Charge infrastructure, charging the Soul EV is hassle-free. Choose between three charging options:
- 120-volt: Use the included outlet charger and plug your Soul EV straight into the wall like any other appliance.
- 240-volt: Install this high-power charger and fill your battery in as little as 4-5 hours. You can even use the available UVO eco app to schedule charge times when electricity rates are at their lowest.
- 480-volt Direct-Current (DC) Fast Charge: The fastest way to power up, this 50kW charger can get your battery to 80% charge in about 30 minutes with a 50kW charger. Find the CHAdeMO DC Fast Charge port standard on the Soul EV.
Power Saving Features
Additional features that help stretch times between charging and optimize the performance of your Soul EV include:
- UVO eco app: Schedule charging, start remote charging, or find a charging station from the convenience of your smartphone. UVO also pairs with Google Assistant or Alexa to enable voice commands from your tablet or home device.
- Heat Pump: This efficient AC and heater in one helps maximize your mileage by using waste heat from the car’s own power electronics to further your energy savings.
- Air Induction Control: This system automatically adds outside air as needed to help maintain the cabin temperature you want without using more energy. It’s also linked to a humidity sensor to help keep your windshield from fogging up.
- Driver Only Option: This option helps conserve energy by isolating ventilation just to the driver when there are no passengers in the vehicle.
- Regenerative Braking System: Whenever you decelerate or go downhill, the regenerative braking system recovers energy that would otherwise be lost and uses it to recharge the battery.
Plug-in to the EV at Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit
Interested in taking the plunge and plugging into the 2019 Kia Soul EV? The associates at Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit can get you started. From answering questions about Kia accessories to helping with financing, we are here to ensure you have a stress-free car buying experience. Contact us today!
More From Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit
As the 2020 Kia Telluride release date recently passed, many Kansas City and Independence drivers have been wondering what the Kia Telluride price is. Surely they were impressed by the sleek design, but some have been asking, “What do you get behind the wheel of the Telluride?” Well, with the new Telluride, you’ll find plenty of…
The 2019 Kia Sportage is an SUV that’s built to not only withstand the elements but also to protect what matters most: you and your passengers. That’s why the Kia Sportage comes equipped with the latest in advanced safety technology which has earned it high safety ratings from reputable sources such as the NHTSA and…
Through rain and shine, Kia SUVs are built to go the extra mile. If you’re looking for a durable model that can handle torrential downpours in Independence and icy roads near Kansas City without missing a beat, then we recommend our Kia AWD SUVs. These vehicles are engineered to deliver solid handling on the roads during…