What is the 2022 Kia Soul MPG?
The 2022 Kia Soul merges power and affordability into a compact crossover frame, with a starting price of $19,190. You can choose from one of six trim levels – LX, S, GT-Line, X-Line, EX, and Turbo – and dozens of exterior and interior color combinations. Each trim level has its own price point and specs, but all models have excellent fuel economy and a wide variety of standard and available features for Kansas City drivers. If you want to find out more about the features of the 2022 Kia Soul, check out our online inventory.
Kia Soul Gas Mileage
The 2022 Kia Soul comes with two available engine options – the 1.6L engine comes with the Turbo trim, while the 2.0L comes with all other trim levels. Although both have great fuel efficiency, there are some important differences that we’ve outlined below.
- 2.0L DOHC 16-valve I-4: The first five trim levels of the 2022 Kia Soul (LX, S, GT-Line, X-Line, and EX) come with this engine. The LX has a standard 6-speed manual transmission, while other models get an IVT. The LX, S, GT-Line, and X-Line models earn an EPA-estimated 28 mpg city/33 mpg highway, while the EX model earns a 29 mpg city/35 mpg highway.
- 1.6L Turbocharged DOHC 16-valve I-4: This engine is unique to the Turbo trim level, with an EPA-estimated 27 mpg city/32 mpg highway. You’ll also get a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and a turbocharged engine!
Kia Soul Engine Specs
We’ve also outlined details of the 2022 Kia Soul’s horsepower and torque for the two engine levels:
- 2.0L DOHC 16-valve I-4: 147 hp at 6,200 rpm and 132 lb-ft of torque
- 1.6L Turbocharged DOHC 16-valve I-4: 201 hp at 6,000 rpm and 195 lb-ft of torque
All engine levels come with the following:
- Fuel tank capacity of 14.2 gallons
- Dual continuously variable valve timing
- Gasoline direct injection
- Four-wheel disc with anti-lock braking system
- Front-wheel drive
- 16- to 18-inch wheels
- Electric power steering
Experience the Kia Soul Performance in Lee's Summit
If you’re ready to see the 2022 Kia Soul for yourself, head to Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit’s dealership to set up a test drive! We can also answer any questions you have about this compact crossover’s fuel economy and features if you contact our office. And if you’re ready to pick out a Kia Soul for yourself, we’ve put together a helpful guide for buying a car with Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit.
More from Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit
While the exterior design draws serious attention on the Kansas City roads, what’s inside the 2022 Kia Soul interior? The cabin is just as eye-catching as the stylish exterior with a sleek design, high-tech features, and plenty of space for all of your essentials. Whether you decide to lease or buy, take a closer look…
The winter months are hard on cars. Cold temperatures, dirt, and road-salt residue can all cause a wide variety of issues ranging from cosmetic to functional. Winterizing your car is a great way to protect it against many of these, provided you go about it the right way. Why Is Winterizing Your Car Important? There…
If you’re in the market for a small SUV that has all the performance features you need, and the versatility to navigate the Kansas City streets, the Kia Niro is worth a look. However, one of the most impressive features is the Kia Niro colors. From subtle grays to the head-turning runaway red, you’re sure to…