Buying New vs. Buying Used
When you’re ready to buy or lease a vehicle in Kansas City, it all comes down to the ultimate question: Buying new vs. buying used. There are pros and cons to each car-buying experience, and factors like budget, upgrades, features, and needs will affect your decision. To help you figure it out, we’re comparing the benefits of a buying new car vs. the benefits of buying a used car.
Benefits of Buying a New Car
Sure, you get to enjoy that new car smell, but there are also plenty more benefits of buying a new car.
- Peace of Mind: When you drive a new car around Independence, you are the very first owner. You won’t have to worry about worn-down brakes, a battery that needs replacing, or balding tires like you might with a used car.
- Latest Features: New vehicles come with the most advanced technology, the latest entertainment features, and the most recent interior updates. To take advantage of these, a new car is the way to go.
- More Selection: Another benefit of buying a new car is that you get to choose all the details, from which engine option you want to the interior and exterior colors, seat material, and available packages.
Benefits of Buying a Used Car
While there are many pros to buying new, there are plenty of benefits of buying a used car that you’ll want to consider before making a decision.
- Lower Price: Your monthly payments, down payment, insurance rates, and registration fees will likely be much lower when you buy used. You also don’t have to worry as much about depreciation values with a used car, since the vehicles depreciation most within the first two years.
- Wider Selection: While you have more customizable options with a new car, you’ll likely have a wider selection to choose from when you buy used. Our used car inventory, for example, consists of vehicles from a wide variety of makes, including options like Kia and Chevrolet.
- Reduced Customization Costs: It’s generally more cost-effective to make changes yourself after you purchase a used vehicle instead of having them made before a new vehicle is delivered.
Shop for New or Used Cars at Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit
Now that you have a better idea of the benefits of buying a new car vs. the benefits of buying a used car, you can shop our inventories for the vehicle that best suits you. Contact us online or simply visit our showroom in Lee's Summit to take some test drives.
More from Cable Dahmer Kia of Lee's Summit
If you’ve been shopping around Kansas City and Independence to find a Kia sedan in a color that suits you, then check out great selection of new 2019 Kia Stinger models. Whether you’re looking for something vibrant and bold, or sleek and dark, the Stinger offers many body color options and some elegant interior designs to…
In order to keep your 2019 Kia Sorento running at its best on Kansas City and Independence roads, the Kia maintenance schedule is a great resource to follow. This guide helps drivers stay on top of their essential services beyond oil changes and tire rotations to ensure their Kia SUV, like the Sorento, runs efficiently for…
As the 2020 Kia Telluride release date recently passed, many Kansas City and Independence drivers have been wondering what the Kia Telluride price is. Surely they were impressed by the sleek design, but some have been asking, “What do you get behind the wheel of the Telluride?” Well, with the new Telluride, you’ll find plenty of…